Monday, March 10, 2008

the story of a dismissive hippo

SO yeah, I got denied... and I am ashamed! So I was walking the short walk from my office to the subway and I was on the corner of 23rd and 6th Avenue and there stood a person handing out flyers. AND not just any person but a person inside a hippopotamus costume. Normally, I don't take those flyers because, well, they are usually just advertistments of products and stores that wouldn't buy things from or go to. So I see this Hippo trying to pass out flyers and to an unwilling mob of people, so I decide that I will go ahead and take a flyer. So my hand reaches out to take a flyer and the HIPPO denies me of my flyer... Hippo pulls back the stack of flyers he/she/it is holding and just refuses my advances and instead just waves at me. Um, I was rebuffed by the hippo with a wave!!! Um, seriously?? YES, indeed I was rebuffed by the hippo. Its not like I didn't see the hippo giving out flyers to other people, so I am fairly positive that I was intentionally denied a flyer. It was totally a walk of shame to the subway, I could feel the people around smirk to themselves... smirking at my expense! haha

I am pretty sure this is what the hippo looked liked the pic. below MINUS the big goofy grin


just in case you wanna get a jump start on your halloween costume.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! i love it!