Thursday, September 18, 2008

dinner


so last night I had dinner with my friend Julie...

we met in the East Village at a restaurant called Mercadito - it was a tapas restaurant and it was scrumptious and the inside was cute to boot

dinner consisted of

guacamole - we did the tasting of 2
one had pineapple in it which was delish
and the other one was super spicy and it too was delish

the actual meal portion was
the tilapia taco (2)
and the beed taco (2)

and as a side it was plantains roasted in sugar or something
all of it was soo yummy

OH and I got a drink - apparently in Mexico or areas of South America they make a sort of mixed drink with beer called a michelada - mine was basically a bloody mary but with beer instead of vodka
I think Julies had watermelon in it?

anyways it was all yum - and since it was tapas the portions were small but I was totally full by the time I left.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hmm, sounds yummy, I love plantains.

meleiarw said...

hello missy - The sugar they used to cook with them gave them these little chewy browned caramelized bits - I am pretty sure I could have just eaten about 2 orders of the plantains as my whole meal