Tuesday, September 2, 2008

my 5 day weekend

So Thursday I went to Jones Beach with my roommate Laura - caught some rays - it was delightful other than the water was filled with dead jellyfish. So I didn't get in the water much. Bleh - Jellyfish creep me out.

Friday I didn't do much I hung around Astoria because I knew I had to get to bed early because...

Sat. my rear end was meeting up with 3 other Astoria folks so we could all head over to New Jersey so we could carpool up to Bethel, NY for the Cheap Trick, Heart, and Journey concert. The drive was a little long but it was totes worth it, we tailgated and pulled out blankets and sat down and watched a fun fun show!

Okay - if you have the chance to see Heart perform - jump on it, they were freaking fantastic!
and a little tid-bit I did not know before I went to the show,
-Journey found their latest lead singer on youtube? not even kidding - he is from the Philippines and this guy is a freaking parrot! He sounded just like Steve Perry, it was a little ridiculous! Apparently he can also sound just like Sting too! Pretty wicked, but the funny part was at the very end when he was saying thank you to the audience it was in pretty broken english... its just so odd he can sing perfectly like Steve Perry but when he says thank you and goodnight it was quasi-tough to understand.

Sun. got up pretty early and headed from Bethel, NY back to the city where I crashed - slept slept slept

Mon. I got up and around because I wanted to head to a store in Brooklyn called the Blue Ribbon General Store. Made it out there only to find it closed - DUH I mean its Labor day, I should have known better. But thats okay because I then spent some time just walking around Brooklyn in the Boreum Hill, Carroll Gardens and Park Slope (my old hood) areas of Brooklyn. There are just soo many restaurants and shops and pretty much anything else you can imagine. I am going to miss that a lot - all the diversity there is in NY.

AND LASTLY - I went from Park Slope to the L.E.S. in the city and cooled myself off in a movie. I went and saw American Teen - a documentary about group of 5 students who went to HS in a town in Indiana. It reminded me to be grateful that I survived HS fairly unscathed. It was good - I recommend everyone to Netflix 'American Teen' once it gets released.

Well that was basically my weekend round-up! How was yours?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i'll share in a bit! i have to try to remember it all!