Sunday, August 24, 2008

I WIN

Well I am the official new owner of a rockin' Vintage Blue Remington Streamliner Portable Typewriter! The really ah-mazing pink one got too pricey and so Sunny Isles, Fl. ended up not having to mail me something after all. BUT its ON Hastings, Nebraska! Well my first time on Ebay actually bidding on something and I WIN. My stomach was churning because I was so nervous but alas I pulled off a win... $27 bucks plus $17.50 for shipping and insurance.

not bad because my max bid was 32.55 - so it was a bit cheaper than I thought I was going to have to pay. I really need to try and understand all the bidding rules on ebay cause I don't get it... but right now I am just soaking up my WIN!

She is really cute isn't she! I think I might name her Hildegaard - Hildy for short{that was the lady's name in the movie His Girl Friday and she totally used a typewriter}

2 comments:

Ashley said...

woot! one more thing to pack! haha! unless you have hildy sent to edmond!

meleiarw said...

yes I am having Hildy sent back to the M and P's house. I thought it would be silly to mail her all the way up here only to pack her up and bring her back to OK with me. I hope she is prepared to type up a storm!