Friday, August 15, 2008

Say no to drug kids!

meth teeth = crazy disgusting

So I had this man approach me as I stepped out for lunch. He looked homeless and had scary/meth teeth but he was dressed well enough - it just looked as if he had not changed out of his quasi-nice outfit in a good month. I assumed he was wanting money and I was correct but he managed to keep me entertained with his story so I heard him out {plus I didnt know how to get away gracefully}. His story was that he needs help "and don't be frightened because I am a gay man" he is a costume designer who left his keys inside his apt. and couldn't make it back in the door and in the hallway he had left his latest designs... and he was sorry that his eyes were a little crazy because "I am so panicking that someone might steal them". But he helped design the costumes for a show on Broadway called The Drowsey Chaprone "Oh good you know of the show!" And that he really needs money for a cab to get back to his apartment to try and beg someone to let him back in. And don't worry about insanely heavy breathing because "I am just panicking about my clothes and its triggering my asthma." I mean him waiting for his next fix didn't have anything to do with it I'm sure.

So I finally get to speak and I tell him I don't have any money... that I am crazy poor and live paycheck to paycheck so I am not the one he should be asking for money - then he got a little grumpy and said that any amount would do - so I gave him a single dollar. There was some talk of his John Varatos jacket... something about that I could hold it but he needed it back? Not really sure where he was trying to go with that.

{Obviously I didn't take a photo of his teeth but they were on par with gleaming enameled pearls}

1 comment:

Amber and Luke said...

Holy the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!!!! I just read this to Luke! He is very happy oyou are coming home! And so am I!!